Thursday, August 20, 2009

EGY'S Musical Notes

We recently closed "The Wedding Singer" at Diamond Head Theatre with much success.

Just to let you all know that the next offering at Diamond Head Theatre is "The Drowsy Chaperone" opening Friday, September 25th and runs for 3 weeks closing on the 11th of October. This should be a very funny show about 4 couples getting married. Remember that we all get special prices because we are all "seniors". You know..."senior privileges" like in high school! Anyway, this is the first production at DHT in a long time where I am NOT the Musical Director. But both Judy (my wife) and I will be in the "pit" orchestra. She will be playing synthesizer and I will be playing 7 wind instruments. I'm not even playing the piano! How about that! I'm going to enjoy the rest and relaxation in performing without the responsibilities of being the Musical Director. I'm so looking forward to that!

The show following, I will be the Musical Director. It is a family holiday favorite originally a movie starring Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye, Rosemary Clooney, and Vera-Ellen called "White Christmas" with Music by Irving Berlin. Hope to see you soon. Stop by the pit to say "hello" to us! That opens December 4th, and closes the end of the 3rd week, December 20th. Put it on your calendar. It is going to be a wonderful show!


1 comment:

Elliott Lum said...

We'll be in Honolulu Sept. 17 - 24 and will just miss "The Drowsy Chaperone". Anything else we should see instead?